My Photo
Name:
Location: Alameda, San Francisco Bay Area, United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

duffer

I came upon a shifty duffer
whose wares were worn and shabby,
stored within a two-tiered coffer,
he claimed to come from Arabie
where wares were often shabby.
He asked me kindly, "please peruse the goods I sell,
brought all the way from Arabie."
"No thank you," I almost yelled,
"don't ask me to peruse the goods you sell,
for I've not come to buy a thing
and now you've made me yell."
Aghast, he started wondering
why I've not come to buy a thing
stored within a two-tiered coffer.
With eyes still fully wondering,
I came upon a shifty duffer.

©2006 b.cisek

duf·fer ('d&-f&r), noun:1 a : a peddler especially of cheap flashy articles b : something counterfeit or worthless 2 : an incompetent, ineffectual, or clumsy person
definition taken from merriam-webster online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home