My Photo
Name:
Location: Alameda, San Francisco Bay Area, United States

Sunday, January 22, 2006

affusion

My memory's lost its vivid details
like a crag that's lost its edges at sea.
Time perhaps
has murkied the finer points;
the seasons of wine
diluting harsh truths.
I suppose I much prefer it this way.
A continuous denial
of my transgressions.

When winter comes to California
and raindrops peal
like the bells of hell,
mercilessly thumping on my roof
as if to wash my sins
(original and otherwise),
it is then that I realize:
even God must cry.

©2006 b.cisek


af·fu·sion (a-'fyü-zh&n), noun: an act of pouring a liquid on (as in baptism)
definition taken from merriam-webster online

2 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Like the poems...

Bathroom Review

5:15 PM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home