My Photo
Name:
Location: Alameda, San Francisco Bay Area, United States

Saturday, February 11, 2006

fornication

This morning,
on the other side of a hangover,
I imagined telling you
last night that I loved you.
Don't worry darling,
it was the alcohol speaking.
It's not that I would lie to bed you
(so sorry to have misled you),
but the wine stirs in me these funny feelings
as though pain took off with all my baggage
and left only fond memories to play in.
Do ignore the talk of love
and all the many strings it comes with.
The bed's still warm and waiting.
And while you're up,
get me a drink, why don't you.

©2006 b.cisek

for-ni-ca-tion, noun: 1. consenting sex involving somebody unmarried: sexual intercourse between two consenting adults who are not married to each other; 2. sexual behavior considered immoral: in the Bible, sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married, or any form of sexual behavior considered to be immoral
definition taken from MSN Encarta Dictionary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home